St. Louis Movers
Relocating from or within the St. Louis Area with Federal Companies
Known for the Gateway Arch, blues, and baseball, St. Louis is a vibrant city and great place to live with an excellent quality of life. The 15-county Saint Louis metro area is home to more than 2.8 million people with the southern and western suburbs experiencing the largest growth.
Whether you’re relocating outside the St. Louis area for work or new opportunities, buying a house, or just changing neighborhoods, you have enough to handle outside the logistics and hard work of the move. Professional moving help can give you the stress free experience you need.
Federal Companies serves the entire St. Louis area and beyond. We’re ready to put a century of expertise to work to meet all your moving needs!
If you’re staying in the city but relocating between St. Louis neighborhoods, you may be moving closer to work, looking for better schools or amenities, downsizing, or even buying a house! Your relocation may be due to changes in your household or employment.
You may be staying in the St. Louis metro area but ready for a lower cost of living, employment opportunities, or the space and safety of the suburbs. While the city of Saint Louis is experiencing population decline, southern and western suburbs and St. Charles County in particular are drawing in thousands of new residents.
If you’re leaving the metro area, you may be planning to move to Springfield, the top destination for people leaving Saint Louis, or other popular and growing cities in Missouri like Columbia or Kansas City. You might even be ready for a completely different lifestyle and climate in top destinations like Dallas, Houston, or Phoenix.
No matter why you’re ready for a change, you want your move to run smoothly. Our top-rated St. Louis movers offer personalized, affordable moving services to get you to your final destination without the stress.
Top Benefits of Hiring Professional St. Louis Movers
Did you know moving is ranked as one of the most stressful things you will ever do? Hiring a moving company can be the best thing you do to ensure a worry-free experience.
Here are some of the biggest benefits of hiring professionally trained movers in Saint Louis to help your family settle into your new home.
- A dedicated move coordinator oversees all the details and plans the logistics of your relocation
- Professional packing services means your belongings are packed carefully with the right supplies to save you countless hours and worry
- A uniformed and background checked moving team gives you peace of mind knowing your home and belongings are in good hands
- Services are tailored to your budget and needs whether you need your entire house packed and moved or just need assistance with certain items
- No bending or heavy lifting to avoid any risk of injury or strain
- Licensed movers handle the transportation so you do not need to rent or drive a large truck on narrow and congested roads
- You can settle into the new house without exhausting unpacking or setting up furniture
Give us a call today at (309) 690-000 for a free estimate to get started!
St. Louis Relocation and Storage Services – Federal Companies Moving Services
Here’s how we can meet your Saint Louis moving needs with personalized services.
Long Distance Moving
Tips for Choosing the Best St. Louis Moving Companies
#1. Make sure the movers are fully licensed & insured
Confirm the moving company has a valid MoDOT operating authority with an MC number. For interstate moves, the company must have a valid federal US DOT number. You can use this DOT NO. lookup tool and check with the Missouri Department of Transportation.
You should also verify they are insured in case anything happens. For interstate moves, moving companies must offer Full Value Protection and Released Value coverage options. For intrastate moves within Missouri, movers must assume some liability but you can choose the level of coverage and have the right to buy moving insurance from an insurance company.
#2. Confirm the moving team is experienced and vetted
#3. Check their moving industry experience and track record
- How long has the business been operating in Missouri?
- Do they have extensive experience with similar relocations?
- Do they mostly handle simple moves in Saint Louis or do they have experience with complicated relocations?
- What is their claims rate?
#4. Check reviews
#5. Watch for red flags
#6. Get a binding moving estimate
The Federal Companies Difference – Dependable Moving Services for 109+ Years!
Not all movers are equal. Whether you’re in need of household or commercial moving services near or far, Federal Companies has the moving industry experience, professionalism, affordable rates, and trained movers necessary for a premier experience.
Federal Companies has been in business since 1913 in the Saint Louis area. As an Allied Van Lines agent, we take pride in moving & storage solutions that remove the stress and worry from an otherwise difficult experience. We offer personalized service and flexible scheduling to fit your needs. You can count on our professional moving team to use the right supplies and techniques while streamlining your moving experience.
Federal Companies is a BBB-accredited business with an A+ rating and hundreds of 5-star reviews. Ready to get the help you need to move into your new home without the hassle? We’re ready to provide a free quote with no obligations!
How Much Do Movers Cost in St. Louis?
As you prepare for moving day, you have a big decision to make. Will you handle the move yourself or hire Saint Louis move services? A professional moving company does not cost as much as you think and may even save money by avoiding damaged belongings, injuries, and days off work to pack, load, and move.
As a general rule, local moves have hourly rates while long distance moves have flat pricing. With Federal Companies, you can always count on competitive, affordable rates and no hidden fees.
Every move is different. A free estimate is the best way to determine your individual moving costs. Get in touch with us for a free quote today!
- Type of move (Local or long distance? Household or office move?)
- Distance between your current and new location
- Volume and type of items you are moving
- Move dates (Moving during the peak season? Weekend?)
- Accessibility (Service elevator or stairs? Driveway or street parking?)
- Moving dates
- Services needed (Storage? Packing services? Specialty items?)
Common Questions People Ask St. Louis Moving Companies
Can movers pack everything?
How much should you tip movers in St. Louis?
Do movers assemble furniture?
The team can handle furniture disassembly and prep work for the move and assemble and arrange furniture at your new home.
Easy Tips for Moving in St. Louis
Save money and enjoy a stress free move with these tips.
- Use a moving binder to keep track of task lists, important dates, school records, contracts, and other move-related paperwork.
- Schedule donations and pick-up of furniture and items you don’t want to take at least several weeks before moving day. Check our guide to donating furniture in St. Louis!
- Don’t forget to budget for buying new furniture if your existing furniture won’t work for your new house.
- Have utilities turned on at least a day before move-in. Check our guide to St. Louis utilities to find out how to transfer or set up utilities!
- Download our free ultimate moving checklist to stay on top of important tasks ahead of moving day.
Federal Companies – The Best Movers in St. Louis!
As you prepare for your upcoming transition, you deserve a wonderful experience, not a stressful moving day. At Federal Companies, we are committed to customer satisfaction and great service. We are fully licensed with professionally trained, experienced movers ready to go above and beyond to exceed your expectations!
We have served the St. Louis area since 1913 with the honest pricing and award-winning service your family deserves. Call our 5-star St. Louis movers today at (309) 690-000 to get started with a free moving quote today!